Historical and Cultural Monuments
- The chateau was built in the place of a Gothic castle of the 13th century by reconstruction (from Gothic to Renaissance style) under the rule of Jan Malovec in 1580-1583. The courtyard and the palace took the original areas, while spacious rooms were added outwardly to the walls and two floors of arcades were constructed, the first one being immured under the rule of Geymüllers. A wool crumpling shop was established in one of the chateau wings in 1839-1842. In the years 1946-1998 the chateau served as a children's sanatorium predominantly for treatment of respiratory diseases. The chateau has been administered by the Arts & Crafts Museum in Prague since 1998.
The Church of All Saints
- Established at the beginning of the 13th century and subject to a number of reconstructions in the 15th and 16th centuries. The beautiful tombstones on the church external walls (formerly installed in the church pavement) come from the 16th and 17th centuries under the rules of the then noblemen. In 1758, Mary Theresa of Goltz had a picture painted for the main altar of the church. The church burned down several times (1560, 1721, 1794). The greatest fire was in 1819 when the church tower built in 1707 (measuring 49.75m) was damaged heavily. It was repaired in 1820. Another repair took place in 1863 when a collapse was imminent; 1923 and 1924 were the years of further tower repairs finished a year later, i.e. 1925. On 15 August 1994, scaffolds were erected up to the tower cross and tower repair works were started. Two boxes with period documents and coins from 1863 and 1925 were retrieved from the tower cupola.
- After the 65 years of existence, the museum starts writing quite new pages of its history, acquiring a new face and a new standing exposition... The collections were moved from the former rooms at Palackého Str. 75 to the chateau in 2004, as if symbolizing a new era of the museum. The Town Museum in Kamenice nad Lipou prepares a new standing exposition for its visitors, presenting in a gripping and comprehensive manner the town history of more than 750 years. The means of learning are the senses of the visitors, i.e. eyesight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Individual senses are the links of the whole exposition; the exhibits are sorted out into groups representing the senses, located in the respective exposition rooms.
- The forest cemetery located approximately 1 km south of the town is considered to be the most beautiful one in Central Europe. In the south-western slope there is a cave called Lutheranian or Arian Furnace where, as the rumour goes, non-Catholics used to meet secretly. Burials started here in the 18th century. The renowned researcher in tropical diseases and the discoverer of the bacillus of typhus Dr. Stanislav Provázek von Lanow with his sister, painter Mary Galimberti - Provázková, and poet Jarmila Hanzálková, are buried here.
The Chapel of St. Mary Magdalene at Bradlo Cemetery
- The chapel was built in 1348 by Dobeš of Bechyně, who established a hermitage near it. Originally, it was of an open design, built on octagonal foundations, and walls were erected in 1595. In 1841, Geymüllers, owners of the demesne, constructed a crypt under the chapel the entrance of which is covered by an iron plate weighing 1100 kilograms.
- The facade was repaired in 1997.
Stations of the Cross
- They were established by Mary Theresa of Goltz in 1765. Fifteen stone memorials were erected along the road from the Chateau Pond to Calvary Hill (today Melíšek). In 1806, the Stations of the Cross were moved to Bradlo to line the path to the forest cemetery. In the years 1991-1993, the Stations of the Cross were renovated by sculptor Krnínský and fitted with pictures by R. Brichcín.
- Established in 1803, the oldest tombstones being in the Empire style from the first half of the 19th century; the cemetery area is 1,049 m2. In 1991-1993, the cemetery was reconstructed with the financial support of the Jewish Community in Prague.
Fountain at the Town Square (nám.Čsl.armády)
- Originated from Jihlava, constructed by stonemason Hraba and moved to Kamenice in 1853. The fountain repair started in 1996 and a new bowl was installed in 1997.
Fountain at the Church (nám.Husovo)
- originally made of brick but demolished; a fountain from the former large estate dated 1688 was moved to its place.
Statue of St. Wenceslaus
- Established by Mary Theresa of Goltz in 1765, located near the municipal hall under the four lime trees. In 1822, it was renovated and moved to the upper part of the town square. A lantern was placed on the sculpture until 1926.
- No. 55 - the house of the composer and national artist V. Novák. In 1930, a memorial plaque by sculptor J.V.Dušek from Tábor was unveiled on the house to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the composer's birth. A bust of this artist made by Karel Otáhal is located on the school building. In 1995, a bust of V. Novák by Jan Kodet was unveiled in front of the chateau.
- No. 108 - the house of patriotic priest, poet and writer František Jaroslav Vacek Kamenický, author of the popular poem "U panského dvora". A double memorial plaque is located on the house at Vackova Str.
- A memorial to the victims of the World War I was unveiled in 1935 in front of the building of the Vocational School of Agriculture.
- A memorial to František Sadílek was unveiled in 1946 on the town square.
- One of them is located in the wall opposite to STS (the garden wall next to restaurant Beseda).
- A plaque to the 750th anniversary of the town was installed on the stone located in the town square part in front of the cinema on 27 June 1998. (the second memorial stone)
Mill and brewery on the town square
- both buildings were erected in 1861, but they serve other purposes today.
Gamekeeper's Lodge Johanka
- built in 1793, home of the mother of composer V. Novák. Tree nursery Johanka growing coniferous, deciduous and decorative trees is located next to the gamekeeper's lodge.
- The memorable lime tree was planted in the chateau garden in 1248. In 1824, its spreading crown was hit by a lightning. The tree survived as a trunk torso with two ground branches, treated professionally today. A gallery with railing was constructed around the tree later. The ground branches stretch to 36 metres and the trunk circumference at the ground is 6 metres. It gave birth to the lime tree planted in 1919 on the town square under the ancient fountain.
- A descendant lime tree was planted in the chateau garden on 28 June 1998 on the 750th anniversary of the town.
- The Freedom lime tree planted on the town square in 1919
- Lime tree at the church from 1848
- Planted in 1835, the alley of about 118 larches goes towards gamekeeper's lodge Johanka.
- A log building on the left of the road to Pravíkov.
The Local Train Railway Station in Kamenice
- The last narrow-gauge local train line in Bohemia was constructed in the years 1902-1906; the first private Czech railway. The first drive took place on 23 November 1906. Its rails laid at a distance of only 760 millimetres from each other run from Kamenice nad Lipou to the south towards Nová Bystřice and to the north towards Obrataň.
- The point of interest is the use of conventional Edmondson cardboard tickets supplied by the in-house printing works located at the railway station in Kamenice nad Lipou. From here, tickets are supplied to other customers in Bohemia, Austria, Switzerland and other countries.